una probadita del próximo PLAN B:


The bed scattered with the stains of cutting
oils and gas-transmission turbines, the
blankets with blends of hydraulic fluid, we
lie there attempting to think our way through
economics and labor and time and biology,
me and not me at all and also not me at all.
Then me and not me at all and also not me at
all set up a schedule for soothing not really
me. There are two rotations with their own
elliptical orbits on this schedule. Me and not
really me rotate as one unit and spend one
night in the bed of not me at all and then the
next night in the bed of also not me at all.


***

In one orbit, me and not really me rotate as
one unit and spend one night in the bed of
not me at all and then the next night in the
bed of also not me at all. And then on the
other orbit, not really me is soothed on a
fixed schedule determined by days of the
week. On Monday mornings, me soothes not
really me. On Monday afternoons and
evenings, not me at all soothes not really
me. On Tuesday days, me soothes not really
me. On Tuesday evenings, also not me at all
soothes not really me. On Wednesday
mornings, me soothes not really me. On
Wednesday afternoons, not me at all soothes
not really me. On Wednesday evenings, also
not me at all soothes not really me. On
Thursday days, me soothes not really me.
On Thursday evenings, not me at all soothes
not really me. On Friday days, me soothes
not really me. On Friday evenings, not me at
all soothes not really me. On Saturday, also
not me at all soothes not really me. On
Sunday, me and not me at all and also not
me at all together sooth not really me.


Juliana Spahr